These are books, videos, and training aids I recommend.
- How to FEEL a Real Golf Swing, by Bob Toski
- Great book that guides you through the sensations that accompany the movements.
- The Talent Code, by Daniel Coyle
- Terrific explanation of the way that each practice rep adds a layer of myelin sheathing around the nerve-system firing pattern, which allows the signal to travel faster and, in effect, be “grooved in”.
- Explains the accurate saying, “Practice doesn’t make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.”
- Recommends “deep practice”, which I find in golf to be slow-motion repetition of the movement sequences you want. (For which reason, when you’re training a new swing, it makes sense to stay away from the range and course for a while, so you build the new patterns you want, instead of reinforcing the old ones you don’t.
- Tathata Golf
- Terrific series of 60 sequenced video lessons that not only show you what to do, but that train you perform the movement sequences.
- Impact Snap ($80)
- Spectacular tool that teaches you how the hands need to move into contact. Made a bigger difference than a dozen lessons, the first time I tried it, because for the first time I felt and understood what my hands were supposed to be doing.
- The link goes to the right-hand version, for righties. There is also a left-hand version.
Copyright © 2017, TreeLight PenWorks
Add your thoughts...